- PhD in Natural Sciences (Dr. rer. nat.) at the Technical University of Berlin (Germany) and in cooperation with the Botanical Garden and Botanical Museum of the Free University
- Diploma in Agricultural Sciences at the University of Sassari (Italy)
- Certificate “Data management with SQL” of the OPEN Hasso Plattner Institut Potsdam (Germany)
- Research: more than 20 years of experience in biodiversity research in the Mediterranean area and in Southern Africa; supervisor of several diploma, master and doctoral theses.
- Scientific outreach and communication: author of scientific publications, research reports and of teaching materials for schools and universities; publication reviews, editorial work, blogging and social media; specialist translations.
- Information management: excellent knowledge in the development, management and coordination of internet projects (in particular information portals) and data bases, both in the field of bibliographic information and scientific data (content management, usability and quality control, online-marketing).
- Nature education & Education for Sustainable Development: environmental educator at primary and secondary schools, for out-of-school education and for events with adults.
- Academic teaching: lecturer in botany at the University of Sassari (Italy) and in lichenology at the University of Bayreuth (Germany) (2002-2009). Lecturer for “Data and literature search” at the Hochschule Niederrhein (2014-2018). External PhD-supervisor at UNISA (University of South Africa) (since 2014).
- Other experiences: fundraising and project management of research projects, workshop organisation, guide for academic excursions, consulting, international work experience.
- Bund für Umwelt und Naturschutz Deutschland LV NRW e.V.
- University of South Africa (UNISA) (Pretoria)
- University of Bayreuth (Dep. of Mycology)
- Hochschule Niederrhein (Faculty of Food, Nutrition and Hospitality)
- National Library ZB MED (Cologne, Bonn)
- University of Sassari, Italy (Faculty of Agricultural Sciences)
- University of Sassari, Italy (Consorzio Uno)
- Botanical State Collection Munich
- University of Bonn (F. Geobotany and Nature Conservation)
- Technical University Berlin (Inst. of Ecology) (with grant)
- Bot. Garden und Bot. Museum Free University Berlin (with grant)
Italian (mother tongue), German (full professional working proficiency), English (professional working proficiency), French (limited working proficiency), Spanish (elementary proficiency)