- Diploma in Biology and PhD in Natural Sciences (Dr. rer. nat.) at the University of Göttingen (Germany)
- Degree in Specialised Journalism (DFJS) from „Deutsche Fachjournalistenschule“, Berlin (Germany)
- Research: biodiversity research in the Mediterranean area and in South America, interdisciplinary and international teamwork; author of scientific publications; lichen mapping, species identification; biodiversity and education studies (interviews, surveys).
- Scientific outreach and communication: science communication (print/online), public relations for projects, journalistic research, text writing, research reports, information materials (brochures, flyers), editorial work, blogging, maintenance of websites, social media, conducting events.
- Information management: collaborator for several biological data bases and internet projects; research data and text entries, data and literature retrieval and analysis, translations, system tests (usability studies), user documentation and quality control.
- Nature education & Education for Sustainable Development: environmental educator at primary and secondary schools, for out-of-school education and for events with adults; conception and writing of teaching materials.
- Academic teaching: lecturer of botanical courses and excursions for biology and medical students.
- Other experiences: project leader, fundraising, staff leadership, international work experience.
- Bot. Garden and Bot. Museum Free University Berlin
- Botanical State Collection Munich
- Bund für Umwelt und Naturschutz Deutschland LV NRW e.V.
- University of Göttingen (Dept. of Syst. Botany)
- TRIOPS Ökologie & Landschaftsplanung GmbH
- Technical University of Braunschweig (Dept. of Bioinformatics and Biochemistry)
- University of Cologne (Inst. of Biochemistry)
German (mother tongue), English and Italian (professional working proficiency), Spanish (limited working proficiency), French and Russian (elementary proficiency)