- Diploma in Biology and PhD in Natural Sciences (Dr. rer. nat.) at the University of Göttingen (Germany)
- Degree in Specialised Journalism (DFJS) from „Deutsche Fachjournalistenschule“, Berlin (Germany)
- Research: biodiversity research in the Mediterranean area and in Andine South America; interdisciplinary and international teamwork.
- Scientific outreach and communication: editorial work (print/ online), author of scientific publications and research reports, teaching and information materials (brochures, flyers) and social media.
- Information management: collaborator for several biological data bases and internet projects; research data and text entries, data and literature retrieval and analysis, translations, system tests (usability studies), user documentation and quality control.
- Nature education & Education for Sustainable Development: environmental educator at primary and secondary schools, for out-of-school education and for events with adults.
- Academic teaching: lecturer of botanical courses and excursions for biology and medical students.
- Other experiences: project management, fundraising, international work experience.
- Bot. Garden and Bot. Museum Free University Berlin
- Botanical State Collection Munich
- Bund für Umwelt und Naturschutz Deutschland LV NRW e.V.
- University of Göttingen (Dept. of Syst. Botany)
- TRIOPS Ökologie & Landschaftsplanung GmbH
- Technical University of Braunschweig (Dept. of Bioinformatics and Biochemistry)
- University of Cologne (Inst. of Biochemistry)
German (mother tongue), English and Italian (professional working proficiency), Spanish (limited working proficiency), French and Russian (elementary proficiency)